Thursday, September 15, 2011

Leather Jackets and Dresses – Feminine Rocker Chic


I was recently asked by several of our YouTube viewers how to style a leather jacket as I had mentioned last week that leather jackets were my #1 pick for must have items for the Fall season.  And since it’s now YouTube Thursday, I thought I’d highlight one of my favorite ways to wear your leather (or vegan leather) jackets… with soft dresses!

I love the mixture of the rocker/biker vibe that a leather jacket can bring with the uber soft, ultra feminine texture of a really soft, flowing dress.  In the examples pictured, I took a nude dress, as nude was the IT color of the Summer, and paired it with a deep brown leather jacket.  I decided to go brown as that would soften up the harshness of the jacket a bit, and really add an Earthy element to the nude dress… perfect for Fall!

Cinch in the waist with a skinny belt since the jacket will automatically add a little bulk, and you still want to highlight your curves.



In my other example, I actually found a pair of puffy cream shorts on www.urbanog.com and wore those with a black leather jacket, zipped up.  It’s the perfect balance of ballerina princess meets rock goddess.

Pair each look with some nude pumps or chunky sandals and you’re ready to hit the catwalk!

Want to grab the items featured:
Posted by:  Spankie Valentine